Scooter Basic RiderCourse
Who Should Take This Class:
- The best place for new riders to start once you've made the decision to ride.
- Riders wanting their Colorado motorcycle endorsement. (other States MAY also accept this course)
- Anyone who has little to no motorcycling experience.
- Military personnel wanting to fulfill installation requirements.
- Riders returning to motorcycling after a few years of not riding.
- Riders seeking motorcycle insurance discounts from many major insurance carriers.
What I Will Experience:
- Approximately 18 total hours; 3-hour eCourse, 10-hours riding, 5-hours classroom.
- 2 days (not including eCourse).
- An online eCourse to help you understand principles of motorcycling and determine whether motorcycling is right for you.
- Learn the strategies to mentally and physically operate a motorcycle successfully.
- Skills covered include:
- Cornering at low speed
- Low speed maneuvering
- Quick stops
- Knowledge Test
- Skill Test
Requirements to Take the Class:
- Completion of the eCourse prior to the first day of class.
- A valid driver's license or permit.
- A training scooter will be provided.
- You must provide the required personal protective gear:
- DOT Certified ¾ or full faced helmet. (One may be provided if you don't have one)
- Shatter-resistant eye protection
- Sturdy over the ankle footwear (non-canvas)
- Long sleeved shirt or jacket
- Long non-flare denim pants or equivalent protective material
- Full fingered gloves, preferably leather
- If you must reschedule and fail to contact us at least 48 hours before the start of your class, a $75 rescheduling fee will be applied.
- Please contact MTA so that we are made aware of any special medical requirements or other special considerations that may be required.
- Colorado Springs, CO
- (Classroom - Chapel Hills Mall)
- (Riding - Chapel Hills Ranges)
- Weekday: 8am-5pm both days
- Weekend: 8am-5pm Sat/Sun
- Sign Up
- Class is on the 2nd floor of Chapel Hills Mall next to Dillard's. Use the exterior mall entrance between Burlington Coat Factory and Dillard's.
Class times are approximate and could go longer than indicated. We typically send an email reminder 24-48 hours prior to class indicating exact times and location.
If any class doesn't meet the minimum of four students,
it will be rescheduled.View our liability waiver